HEAVENLY BANANAS FOSTER UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE1 c. firmly packed light brown sugar1/3 c. plus ¼ c.…
2 c. heavy cream
9 c. mini-marshmallows
3 c. finely ground graham cracker crumbs
10 T. butter, melted
1/3 c. plus ½ c. sugar
¾ t. salt
2 (8-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, room temp
2 t. vanilla
6 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat broiler. Pour ½ c. heavy cream in saucepan and set aside.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with PAM.
- Spread 8 c. of marshmallows on pan. Broil until toasted, 30-45 seconds.
- Scrape the marshmallows into saucepan of heavy cream with spatula.
- Cook over medium heat, stir constantly, until smooth and darkened in color. Let cool at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 350. Line 9×13” baking pan with double layer of foil, leaving 2” overhang on the two long sides. Spray with PAM.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, 1/3 c. sugar and salt in large bowl with fork.
- Place on baking pan and press evenly and firmly.
- Bake until toasted, 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, ½ c. sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on low speed, 1 minute.
- Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in 1 c. heavy cream, increase speed to medium and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Reduce speed to low again and beat in cooled marshmallow cream, increase speed to medium and beat another 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Spread evenly over crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put chocolate in small bowl. Heat remaining ½ c. heavy cream in saucepan just simmering.
- Pour over chocolate and let stand 5 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Spread warm chocolate over cheesecake layer. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Run a thin knife along the two short sides of pan to loosen. Lift out the cheesecake using the foil overhang.
- Remove foil and cut into squares.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with PAM. Place 1 c. marshmallows on foil. Broil for 30 seconds until toasted. Top each bar with a few toasted marshmallows.