REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Gooey Chocolate-Coconut Candy Bar Cream Pie
GOOEY CHOCOLATE-COCONUT CANDY BAR CREAM PIE
NUTTY PIE CRUST:
2 c. flour, divided
½ c. toasted slivered almonds
12 T. cold butter, diced
1 t. kosher salt
¼ c. ice water
¾ c. sugar
5 egg yolks
5 T. each cornstarch and unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
Pinch of salt
1 1/3 c. whole milk
1 1/3 c. heavy cream
2 T. butter
1 t. vanilla
4 c. sweetened shredded coconut
¾ c. cream of coconut
¼ c. light corn syrup
3 T. powdered sugar
3 T. butter, melted
Toasted, sweetened, shredded coconut
Toasted, sliced almonds
- NUTTY PIE CRUST: Process 1 c. flour and almonds in food processor until finely ground. Beat butter, 1 c. flour and salt in bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle on medium until crumbly. Add nut mixture and water to butter mixture and beat until all butter is used and a soft dough is formed.
- Form dough into disk, wrap in plastic and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven 375. Roll out dough on floured surface to ¼” thickness. Transfer to 9” deep-dish pie plate. Trim edge of dough with scissors leaving 1” overhang. Turn dough overhang under itself and crimp. Prick bottom of crust with fork and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Bake crust lined with parchment paper, fill with pie weights or dried beans on baking sheet until edge of crust is set, about 25 minutes. Remove weights and paper. Bake crust until golden, 25 more minutes, then cool completely.
- PUDDING: Combine sugar, yolks, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt in saucepan. Slowly whisk in milk and 1 1/3 c. cream and cook over low heat until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Cook 1 more minute, whisking constantly.
- Off heat, whisk 2 T. butter and vanilla into mixture. Transfer pudding to bowl and press plastic wrap directly onto surface. Chill at least 2 hours.
- COCONUT LAYER: Mince shredded coconut in food processor. Mix with ¾ cream of coconut, corn syrup, powdered sugar and melted butter. Press layer into bottom of curst chill until firm.
- Spread pudding over top.
- WHIPPED CREAM: Beat 1 c. cream to soft peaks. Add ¼ c. cream of count and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Top pie with whipped cream, toasted coconut and toasted almonds