PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
LEMONY VEAL CHOPS MILANESE
6 (6-8 oz.) Frenched cut veal chops
2 ½ c. panko breadcrumbs
½ c. freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
2 T. fresh rosemary leaves
2 T. fresh thyme leaves
1 T. lemon zest
2 large eggs
Kosher salt, black pepper
¾ c. olive oil
6 T. butter
Fresh parsley leaves or springs, lemon slices, garnish
- Preheat oven 400.
- Place each chop between 2 sheets heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to ¼” thickness, using meal mallet or rolling pin.
- Process panko, cheese, rosemary leaves, thyme leaves and zest in food processor until herbs are finely chopped.
- Transfer panko mixture to shallow dish.
- Whisk together eggs and 1 T. water in another shallow dish.
- Season chops with salt and pepper; dip into egg mixture (not the bone part); dredge chops in panko mixture; pressing to adhere.
- Place 2 T. olive oil and 1 T. butter in large skillet over medium heat and cook 1 chop for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining chops (wipe skillet clean between each chop.)
- Place chops on wire racks in 2 jelly-roll pans.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.