LEMONY VEAL CHOPS MILANESE6 (6-8 oz.) Frenched cut veal chops2 ½ c. panko breadcrumbs½ c.…
CHOCOLATE BRIOCHE BREAD PUDDING WITH PRALINE SAUCE
½ c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
¼ c. praline rum
¼ c. heavy whipping cream
1/3 c. butter, cubed
½ t. sea salt
½ t. ground allspice
1 c. chopped pecans
1 ½ (16-oz.) loaves brioche, cut into ½” cubes
1 c. chocolate chunks
12 oz. chopped bittersweet chocolate
1 ½ c. heavy whipping cream, divided
1 c. whole milk
8 large eggs
1 c. sugar
2 t. ground allspice
2 t. kosher salt
Whipped cream, fresh mint leaves, garnish
- PRALINE SAUCE: In saucepan, combine sugar, rum, cream, butter and salt, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes until thickens. Remove from heat and stir in allspice and pecans. Serve warm.
- BREAD PUDDING: In top of double boiler, melt bittersweet chocolate and ½ c. cream, whisking until smooth.
- In saucepan, bring whole milk and remaining 1 c. cream to a boil; reduce to a simmer.
- Add chocolate mixture, whisking until combined.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, allspice and salt. Stir in ½ c. cream mixture, whisking until combined. Stir mixture into the heavy cream mixture in saucepan and whisk until combined. Pour mixture over bread.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 350. Bake bread pudding 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with Praline Sauce, garnish with whipped cream and mint!