CHOCOLATE BRIOCHE BREAD PUDDING WITH PRALINE SAUCEPRALINE SAUCE:½ c. firmly packed dark brown sugar¼ c.…
YUKON GOLD POTATOES WITH SWEET ONION AU GRATIN
2 T. butter
2 large Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper
1 t. ground thyme
1 bay leaf
2 lbs. baby Yukon gold potatoes
½ to 2/3 c. heavy cream
¾ c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
½ lb. shredded gruyere cheese
- Heat a small skillet and add butter.
- Add onions and season with thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Cook until tender. Season to taste again. Discard bay leaf.
- Place potatoes in cold water seasoned with salt. Bring to boil and cook until tender.
- Drain and return potatoes to pot.
- Mash potatoes with cream and parmesan cheese. Season to taste.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange the potatoes into individual au gratin dishes or 1 shallow casserole dish.
- Top potatoes with onions and gruyere cheese.
- Place the dishes or casserole dish on a baking sheet and place under broiler until bubbly, about 2 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
*If you do not want to mash, you can slice the cooked potatoes, as well.