WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Impressive Veal Chops with Marsala Sauce
IMPRESSIVE VEAL CHOPS WITH MARSALA SAUCE
2 veal chops, cut 1 ¾” thick
2-3 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 c. Joey’s Cane Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
Salt, black pepper
4 T. butter; 2 T. butter
4 T. olive oil; 2 T. olive oil
1 carton sliced mushrooms
1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 lb. fresh asparagus tips
2/3 c. marsala wine
½ c. beef broth
½ c. red wine sauce
½ c. heavy cream
Juice one lemon
Chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Place in zip-lock bag and add the rosemary sprigs and vinaigrette. Mix well, seal and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In large black skillet, melt the 4 T. butter and 4 T. olive oil over medium heat.
- Drain chops from marinade and let sit at room temp for at least one hour.
- Sear the chops for 4 minutes on each side. Place on separate dish and cover.
- Add the 2 T. butter and 2 T. olive oil to skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the RED WINE BASTING SAUCE and let simmer.
- Add mushrooms and onions to the skillet. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wine, broth and red wine sauce. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the cream and stir to blend.
- After 2 minutes, add the chops back into the skillet and nestle in the mixture.
- Squeeze the tops of chops with lemon juice.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with pasta, rice, potatoes.