REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Bacon Jam Marinated Portabella Mushroom Totem Poles with Blue Crab Slaw
BACON JAM MARINATED PORTABELLA MUSHROOM TOTEM POLES WITH BLUE CRAB SLAW
(COMPLIMENTS OF DRUSILLA’S CHEF SONNY-BATON ROUGE; OWNER-JIMMY ZITO)
1 lb. thick apple smoked bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 T. minced garlic
½ green bell pepper, chopped
½ c. white wine
1 (12-oz.) jar apple jelly
- Saute the bacon, onion, garlic and bell pepper in large skillet over medium heat.
- When bacon is cooked, add the wine to deglaze the pan. Reduce mixture.
- After mixture reduces, add the apple jelly.
- Simmer 5-8 minutes and let rest.
- Pour the hot liquid in canning jars. Reserve.
12-15 portabella mushroom caps, gills removed, cut into 2” pieces
12-15 (6”) wooden skewers
- Cut the mushroom caps into 2” pieces and place on the 6” wooden skewers. SOAK THE WOODEN SKEWERS IN WATER FOR 10-15 MINTUES. THIS KEEPS THEM FROM BURNING.)
- You will use about 1 mushroom per skewer.
- Place skewers in a glass dish and cover with some of the BACON JAM and marinate overnight.
4 oz. Mascarpone cheese
Juice and zest of 2 lemons
1 t. Sriracha
4 oz. mayo
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 oz. purple cabbage
2 oz. sun flower seeds
2 lbs. jumbo lump crabmeat, picked
- Mix all the ingredients except crabmeat. Taste for seasoning.
- Gently fold in crabmeat, again taste for seasoning. Do this at least 1 hour before serving.
- Place the skewers in a shallow pan. Brush with more of the BACON JAM.