TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
FRESH HERBS AND ZUCCHINI TART
4 c. of thinly sliced fresh zucchini
1 c. chopped Vidalia onion
Extra virgin olive oil
1 T. minced garlic
1-2 t. Herbes de Provence
Salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
½ c. fresh parsley, chopped
3 T. pesto sauce
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. grated gruyere or Swiss cheese, extra for garnish
1 (8-oz.) package of crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven 400.
- Unfold dough from tube and press dough evenly into bottom and up sides of tart pan to form a crust. Pressing to seal any perforations.
- Spread pesto onto the crust.
- In skillet, saute zucchini, onion and garlic in olive oil that you drizzle in bottom of pan. Cook until soft.
- Stir in parsley, Herbes de Provence, salt and pepper to taste. Let cool slightly before adding beaten eggs and cheese.
- With slotted spoon, transfer filling into tart shell and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with extra grated cheese.
- Place the tart pan on a baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool slightly, before removing sides of pan.
- To remove tart from pan, place the pan on top of a large can, carefully pull sides of pan down around it (you may have to run a knife around the sides of crust to loosen.)
- Slide tart off bottom portion of pan onto a rimless serving dish or cutting board or leave it on base to serve.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
*Good served warm, cold or room temperature. Also freezes well after baking and just wrap in foil to reheat.