TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
BITE SIZE BERRY TARTLETS
2 (12-oz.) pkgs. Frozen blackberries or raspberries, thawed (can do a mixture)
½ c. sugar
1/3 c. fresh orange juice
1/8 t. salt
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. water
1 ½ T. butter
½ t. vanilla
3 (2.1-oz.) pkg. frozen miniature phyllo shells, thawed
1 ¼ c. frozen whipped topping, thawed
Fresh blackberries or raspberries, to garnish on top
- Combine the frozen berries, sugar, juice and salt in a large saucepan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Discard solids.
- Return the berry juice mixture to pan.
- Combine cornstarch and water and stir to mix well. Add to the juice mixture.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Spoon 2 t. of berry juice mixture into each shell.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Top each tartlet with 2 t. of whipped topping and top off with a fresh berry of your choice.