TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
COMFORT CHICKEN AND YAM CHILI
1 medium onion, chopped
1 whole garlic bulb, cloves separated, peeled and minced
3-4 lb. fryer chicken, cut up
2 (14 ½-oz.) cans chicken broth
1 ½ c. chicken broth, divided
1 T. chili powder
1 t. salt
½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
1 t. black pepper
½ c. quinoa, rinsed
3 medium yams, peeled and cubed
2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 (16-oz.) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14 ½-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
Dollop of Sour Cream, optional
- In Dutch oven, drizzle bottom with olive oil, heat and saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Add chicken, 2 cans broth and seasonings.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- In small saucepan, bring remaining broth to a boil.
- Add quinoa, reduce heat, cover and simmer 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork. Set aside.
- Remove chicken, cool slightly.
- Strain broth, reserving veggies, skim fat from broth.
- Return veggies and broth to Dutch oven.
- Add yams, beans, tomatoes and cooked quinoa.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until yams are tender.
- Debone chicken, cut into bite-size pieces. Discard bones.
- Stir chicken into chili, heat through and taste for any additional seasonings.
*Just like regular chili, you can add dollop of sour cream, grated cheese, sliced jalapenos, etc.