EASY-BREEZY CHICKEN AND CABBAGE FRIED RICE MEAL Sesame oil3 c. cored and chopped Napa cabbage1 medium…
Brown Rice Primavera
|Brown Rice Primavera|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- ¾ c. water
- ½ t. chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 T. minced garlic
- ¾ c. instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 c. frozen French-style green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ c. diced sweet red pepper
- 1 c. frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 2 T. grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine first three ingredients in saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside and keep warm.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with PAM. Place over medium heat.
- Add green beans and peas, sauté 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and peppers and cook another 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the veggie mixture and cheese to the rice. Taste for seasoning.
- Transfer to serving dish.
*****Instant brown rice is big time saver. Ready in 10 minutes as to 50 minutes for regular brown rice. You can change the veggies.
This Post Has 0 Comments