UNBELIEVABLE CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKES1 ½ c. Stout beer½ c. heavy cream½ c. plus 2 T.…
Frances' Hummus Bi Tahini Dip
FRANCES HUMMUS BI TAHINI DIP (From Frances Falcon)
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 (15-oz.) cans chick peas (garbanzos), drained
- ½ c. tahini (sesame paste)
- ⅓ c. warm water
- ¾ c. best quality olive oil
- ¾ c. fresh lemon juice
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. ground cumin seed
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Reconstitute jar of separated sesame paste by processing the contents of jar in food processor fitted with steel blade.
- Measure out ½ c. for the recipe. Return rest to jar. Do not wash bowl of food processor.
- Chop garlic cloves in food processor.
- Add chick peas, tahini, warm water, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Process until smooth and creamy. Pause once or twice to scrape down the sides of bowl with spatula.
- Add salt, cumin seed and pepper to taste. Process to blend. If necessary, add more lemon juice.
- Put in storage container, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with veggies, pita crisps, etc.
*****My friend Frances, is a fabulous cook. She makes the best hummus I have ever tasted. So if you like hummus, you will love this recipe.