QUICK AND SAVORY CRISPY BAKED WONTONS½ lb. ground pork½ lbs. ground turkey½ c. chopped onion1…
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ c. cooked rice
- ⅓ c. melted butter
- Extra melted butter
- ⅔ c. grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. minced onion
- ¼ c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. black pepper
- 3 ozs. Extra sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes, optional
- Oil for frying
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. flour, for coating
- 1 c. Italian bread crumbs or panko
- Saute the onion in 1 T. of melted butter until it begins to brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, beat 2 eggs.
- Stir in rice, rest of melted butter, parmesan cheese, sautéed onion, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1 ½” balls and press a cheeses cube into each ball (optional), reshaping around the cheese.)
- Place flour into a bowl. Whisk 2 eggs in another bowl. Place the breadcrumbs in third bowl.
- Dip each ball into flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil to 375. Fry rice balls until golden brown (3-4 minutes). If you fry in shallow oil, you will have to turn them once to get the other side golden.
- Drain on paper towels and enjoy. You can dip in your favorite dip or marinara sauce.
*****I have used various types of rice (Spanish, yellow, brown, etc.) and you can use also different cheeses (Havarti, Swiss, etc.) You can also add chopped ham, turkey, sausage, etc. Pretty much anything you add can be good!