Alice's Mexican Fiesta Salad ALICE’S MEXICAN FIESTA SALADMEXICAN STREET CORN:2-3 ears sweet corn, husks removed2…
|ALICES FAVORITE JULIENNED ZUCCHINI WITH WHOLE WHEAT PENNE PASTA|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 lbs. fresh zucchini, finely julienned
- 3 banana peppers, finely diced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ c. olive oil
- Salt, black pepper, garlic powder
- 2 t. fresh thyme or dried
- ½ c. fresh chopped parsley
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 pt. fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lb. box whole wheat pasta
- In large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Saute the banana peppers and red onions, until soft.
- Add garlic, zucchini and season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder and 1 t. of the thyme.
- Stir and cook until it just begins to lose its crunch.
- Turn off heat.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley and fresh lemon juice and remaining 1 t. thyme. Mix.
- Boil pasta in salted water with added 2 T. olive oil.
- Heat up the zucchini. You can eat the zucchini as is with fresh grated cheese or serve over the penne pasta and then top with your favorite cheese.