MAGICAL SKILLET S’MORES12 mini-cast iron skillets6 (1.55-oz.) individually wrapped milk chocolate bars (like Hershey’s), broken…
ALICE’S CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
1 c. chopped onion
2 T. minced garlic
2 (16-oz.) bag of Green Giant Cauliflower Crumble Fried Rice Blend
1 (16-oz.) bag sugar snap peas or snow peas
Salt, red/black pepper
1/3 c. soy sauce
4 beaten eggs or equivalent in egg beaters
Chopped green onions, garnish
- In large non-stick skillet or wok, drizzle sesame oil to cover bottom of pan and place over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add onions and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes until slightly golden, stir frequently.
- Add the cauliflower crumbles and spread evenly into the pan.
- Let the cauliflower sit in the pan without stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Then start stirring the cauliflower, onion mixture over medium heat. Keep stirring and moving the mixture so as to force any liquid to evaporate. Do this for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the sugar snaps to mixture and season with salt, red/black pepper.
- Continually stirring, for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and continue to stir the mixture. The idea is to get the soy sauce to flavor as much of the mixture but yet you want the liquid to be absorbed and evaporated. Too much liquid will make it mushy. This takes about another 5-8 minutes.
- When you see mixture is pretty well browned and liquid gone, make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs. With a spoon, slowly move back and forth in the egg mixture to keep eggs from curdling. Do not pull in the cauliflower mixture yet.
- Keep stirring the eggs and when you see they are creamy and solid, start pulling in the cauliflower mixture and continue stirring to blend the eggs with the mixture. It may be necessary to break up a few of the egg clumps.
- When well blended, taste for seasoning. Garnish with green onions and paprika.
*You can add other veggies instead of sugar snaps, like asparagus tips, green beans, broccoli, mushrooms, etc. Add what you like. You can even add cooked diced chicken, meats and seafoods to make it all in one meal type of dish.