PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
CREAMY CRAWFISH AND LUMP CRABMEAT SOUP
1 stick butter
2 c. diced Vidalia onion
1 c. chopped celery
2 shallots, minced
2 T. minced garlic
¼ c. flour
1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
4 c. chicken broth
4 c. buttermilk
2 T. creole mustard
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. red pepper
1 t. black pepper
1 T. soy sauce
3 lbs. cooked crawfish tails
2 ears fresh corn, remove kernels
1 # lump crabmeat
Chopped fresh chives
- In large stockpot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, shallot and garlic. Cook until tender.
- Stir in flour, and stirring constantly and cook until golden, 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, broth, buttermilk, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, and soy sauce.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- With hand held immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Bring back to boil, reduce heat and add crawfish and corn. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add crabmeat. Taste for seasonings.
- Serve with chopped chives.