EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
Wonderful Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
WONDERFUL CREAMY TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP
2 T. butter
1 large Vidalia onion, diced
2 T. minced garlic
Kosher salt, black pepper
2 T. balsamic vinegar
32 oz. chicken or vegetable broth
1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
½ c. heavy cream
3 bay leaves
1 (14-oz.) pkg. fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
½ c. fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (extra for garnish
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, garnish
- Melt the butter in large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, kosher salt and pepper.
- Stirring frequently, cook until tender, 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar.
- Add crushed tomatoes and juice, broth, cream and bay leaves. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add tortellini and simmer for another 5-6 minutes, until cooked. (Fresh take less time.)
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaves.
- Taste for any additional seasoning that you might need.
- Stir in chopped basil.
- Ladle into bowls and top with grated Parmesan and more basil, if desired.