TASTY GALETTE DE TOMATE2 ½ c. flour1 T. sugarSalt/black pepper1 c. cold butter, cut into…
RICH AND CHEESY CRAWFISH QUICHE
1 (9”-deep dish) pie crust, your favorite
3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 c. fresh baby spinach
2 c. half and half
2 T. flour
Cajun seasoning, to taste
Tabasco to taste
1 lb. crawfish tails, drained
1 (4-oz.) block Swiss cheese, shredded
1 (4-oz.) block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Transfer the pic crust to a deep-dish pie plate, pressing into bottom and up sides.
- Fold edges under and crimp.
- In large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels. Save about 1 T. of drippings.
- Add onions to the drippings and cook until tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add spinach to skillet and cook until wilted. Remove from skillet and drain, pat dry and chop.
- In large bowl, whisk together half and half, eggs, flour, Cajun seasoning and Tabasco.
- Stir in onion, spinach, crawfish, cheeses and bell pepper.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until set, for 60-90 minutes, cover with foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Remove from oven and let set for 10-12 minutes and serve.