PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
MAGNIFICNET ITALIAN BAKED OYSTERS
¼ c. butter
¼ c. olive oil
2/3 c. Italian bread crumbs
½ t. salt
½ t. black pepper
¼ t. cayenne pepper
½ t. dried tarragon
½ t. dried oregano
½ t. dried basil
¼ c. minced parsley
1 T. minced garlic
Green onions, finely chopped, garnish
Lemon twists, garnish
1 ½-2 pts. Small or medium sized fresh oysters, drained
- Preheat oven 450.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Mix in olive oil and heat. Add all the rest of ingredients except oysters and green onions.
- Let cook, stir occasionally, for about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Take a 12” black iron skillet and rub inside with olive oil.
- Place drained oysters in bottom of skillet and spread out so it is a single layer.
- Top with the bread crumb mixture and spread evenly.
- Top with chopped green onions and lemon twist.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set for 3-4 minutes. You can do additional green onion or parsley garnish. Serve with nice crackers or by itself.
*If you want to make it fancy, if you have oyster shells, or individual ramekins you can serve this way. Cooking time may be less. You can also put on a grill if you like.