HEAVENLY SWEET HUSH PUPPIESVegetable oil, for frying1 ¾ c. yellow cornmeal¾ c. flour2 t. baking…
WONDERFUL CRAWFISH AND CORN BEIGNETS
4 c. vegetable oil
3 c. flour
2 c. whole milk
1 T. baking powder
1 T. Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning
1 t. minced garlic
1 t. dried thyme
1 t. Tabasco or to taste
1 t. salt
1 lb. cooked crawfish tails, chopped
1 (15.25-oz.) can corn, drained
¼ c. minced parsley
¼ c. chopped green onion
Catsup, Tartar Sauce, Remoulade Sauce, or your favorite dipping sauce
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat to reach 350 degrees on deep-fry thermometer.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, milk, baking powder, Creole seasoning, garlic, thyme, Tabasco and salt until a batter is formed.
- Stir in crawfish, corn, parsley and green onion. Mix well.
- In batches, carefully drop batter by ¼ cupfuls into hot oil.
- Cook until balls float to top, turn and cook another 5 minutes or until browned.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
*I like to add finely chopped jalapenos to the mix sometimes.