DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Kosher salt/black & red pepper/garlic powder
1 (8-oz.) carton fresh sliced mushrooms
3 c. Madeira wine
2 c. beef broth
4-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Season each chicken piece.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until browned on all sides. Transfer to plate and cover with foil.
- In same skillet add about 2 T. oil. Over medium heat, saute mushrooms until soft.
- Add wine and cook another minute.
- Add broth and 2 sprigs of thyme.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and let reduce by ¾, about 15 minutes.
- Sauce should be thickened and turned a rich dark color.
- Just as sauce is almost done, taste for seasoning and add chicken a back to pan.
- Finish cooking, another 5-8 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning again.
- Serve chicken with mushrooms, sauce and garnish with additional sprigs of thyme.