DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
AL’S FANTASTIC SEARED TUNA TOPPED WITH AMAZING SALSA
3-4 large bunches of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
3-6 fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped
1-2 T. ginger paste
4 garlic cloves, pressed
Juice of 4-6 limes
6 T. soy sauce
Pinch of sugar
Sea salt, black pepper
¼ c. Good quality olive oil
4-6 sushi-quality tuna steaks (about 6 oz. each)
4-6 fresh avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and olive oil. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or hibachi over medium-high heat, drizzle with olive oil.
- Rub the tuna steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, generously.
- Lay the tuna in hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust.
- Pour about ½ of the cilantro mixture into the skillet or hibachi to heat.
- Plate up the tuna steak with some of the hot cilantro mixture and top with sliced fresh avocados.
*My son-in-law, Al, did this dish on our outside hibachi. It was sooooooooooooo delicious and easy. Give it a try.