COOLING WATERMELON PUNCH1 c. water½ c. sugar6 c. cubed and seeded watermelon1 (12-oz.) can frozen…
UNEXPECTED PASTA SHELLS WITH SPRING VEGETABLES
½ lb. fresh asparagus, trim and cut off ends
1 (8-oz.) pkg. sugar snap peas, cut in half
1 c. ricotta cheese
2 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. lemon zest, divided
¼ c. plus ¼ t. kosher salt, divided
½ lb. large pasta shells, your choice
1 T. olive oil
6 radishes, thinly sliced
1 T. fresh mint, chopped
- Stir together ricotta, lemon juice, 1 T. zest, and ¼ t. salt in a bowl.
- Bring 4 qt. of water to boil over high heat and add ¼ c. salt and boil.
- Add past and stir occasionally until al dente.
- Add asparagus and peas and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain pasta mixture, saving ¼ c. of pasta water.
- Return pasta mixture to pot.
- Stir in olive oil, radishes and reserved pasta water.
- Spread half of ricotta mixture in serving dish.
- Top with pasta mixture.
- Dollop with remaining ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle with mint and remaining zest.
- Taste for seasoning if needed.