EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
Amazing Crawfish Fritters
AMAZING CRAWFISH FRITTERS
½ c. olive oil
¼ c. butter
1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
1 small onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
½ green bell pepper, chopped
1-2 t. Creole seasoning, to taste
1 lb. cooked crawfish tails, chopped
1 T. minced garlic
3 eggs, beaten
4 T. milk, divided
2/3 c. flour
2 T. baking powder
1 (10-oz.) bag Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fry, or your favorite
1 t. cayenne pepper
1 t. black pepper
Peanut oil, for frying
Remoulade Sauce, Tartar Sauce or Catsup, your choice for dipping
- In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add eggplant, onion, celery, bell pepper and Creole seasoning. Cook until softened.
- Add crawfish and garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl and refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine crawfish mixture, eggs and 1 T. milk.
- In small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to crawfish mixture, a little at a time, just to bind the fritters together.
- Add remaining milk, 1 T. at a time.
- In shallow dish, combine fish fry, cayenne and black pepper.
- Shape the crawfish mixture into 2 T. size balls.
- Roll balls in fish fry mixture and set on wax paper.
- In large Dutch oven, pour oil to 4” depth and heat over medium-high heat until deep-fry thermometer reads 375.
- Working in batches, add balls to hot oil. Do not overcrowd.
- Fry until golden on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.