CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
1 (14-oz.) can evaporated milk
1 (14-oz.) pkg. Ole Mexican Quesadilla Melting Cheese
1 T. Creole seasoning
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 (16-oz.) pkg. smoked andouille sausage, coarsely chopped
1 (24-oz.) bag mini-tricolor sweet peppers, thinly sliced, seeded
1-2 fresh jalapenos, thinly sliced, seeded
1 lb. crawfish tails
1 (11-oz.) bag yellow tortilla chips or your favorite
Lime wedges, garnish
Lime zest, chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, garnish
- Preheat oven 425.
- In saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until steaming.
- Slowly add cheese, Creole seasoning ang garlic. Whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until crispy. Drain well.
- Arrange sausage, sweet peppers and jalapeno on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until peppers are soft, about 12-15 minutes.
- Add crawfish and bake until hot, another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the crawfish mixture from the pan. You can taste for seasoning at this point, also.
- Place chips on the baking sheet.
- Top with crawfish mixture and warm cheese sauce.
- Serve with lime wedges, zest and cilantro if desired.