CREAMY BERRY-MANGO-ALMOND SHAKE4 c. hulled fresh strawberries, halved1 ½ c. good quality vanilla frozen yogurt,…
1 medium, ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
½ c. water
½ c. sour cream
¼ c. fresh cilantro leaves
2 T. ranch salad dressing mix
2 T. lime juice
2 T. pickled jalapeno slices
1 T. minced garlic
Salt, black pepper to taste
6 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
12 slices deli ham
6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
2 t. white vinegar
6 large eggs
- Preheat oven 425.
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a food processor, along with salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- Place toast on baking sheet.
- Top each piece with 2 slices of ham and one slice cheese.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place 2-3” water in large saucepan or skillet with high sides, add vinegar.
- Bring to boil, adjust heat to achieve a gentle simmer.
- Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl.
- Holding bowl close to water, slip egg into pan, one at a time.
- Cook, uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken but not hard.
- Using slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- Serve immediately the egg over the toast with ham and cheese and top with some of the avocado mixture.