3-4 ripe avocados4 limes½ red onion, finely chopped2-3 fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped4-6 oz. fresh…
2 (6) fresh avocado halves (These are purchased from Kartchner’s Grocery and Specialty Meat Store in Krotz Springs, LA) They are frozen, 6 halves to a pack.
1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (10-oz.) container fresh pico de gallo
1 c. fresh roasted corn (This was also bought at Kartchner’s Store. You can use any type of corn you like.)
1 (8-oz.) soft jalapeno cream cheese
1 (6-oz.) crumbled feta cheese
Juice of 1 lime
Salt, black pepper
Round Hawaiian bread
- If you are using the frozen avocado halves, let them thaw in refrigerator.
- When defrosted, with your hand, squeeze and mash the bag that contains the avocados.
- Open bag and place mushed up avocados into a bowl. If you have large chunks left, take a knife and cut into smaller pieces.
- Add the beans, pico, corn, cream cheese, feta and mix well.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Mix well. If you want it a little spicier, add some Tabasco.
- Hull out the Hawaiian bread and place the dip in the hull of the bread. Garnish with paprika and serve with favorite chips, crackers, veggies. You can also just place dip in a bowl if you do not want the bread bowl.