UNBELIEVABLE CHOCOLATE STOUT CAKES1 ½ c. Stout beer½ c. heavy cream½ c. plus 2 T.…
ULTIMATE HALLOWEEN MARINATED MOZZARELLA EYEBALLS
1 c. extra-virgin olive oil
8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 t. crushed red pepper
1 bay leaf
2 T. chopped sundried tomatoes in oil
1 T. champagne vinegar
1 T. finely chopped fresh parsley
1 T. finely chopped fresh oregano
1 T. finely chopped fresh basil
2 t. finely chopped fresh thyme
Kosher salt, black pepper
1 T. lemon peel
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. Good quality mozzarella, drained
¼ c. drained whole black pitted olives
¼ c. green olives, unpitted
Crackers or baguettes
- Combine olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper and bay leaf in a small skillet over medium heat until sizzling, about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and let continue to sizzle until garlic softens, another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temp.
- Pour cooled oil mixture into large bowl and whisk together with sundried tomatoes, vinegar, parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, lemon peel and pepper.
- Add mozzarella balls and toss to coat.
- Let stand at least 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Working one green olive at a time, slice 4 rounded edges off of each.
- Punch a hole in center of each olive circle using plastic straw (these will be the irises).
- Set aside.
- Open up and flatten each black olive. Punch out holes using the same straw (these will be the pupils.)
- Place one black olive in the hole of each green olive iris.
- Place one olive set on each mozzarella ball.
- Serve with crackers or baguette.