SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
ULTIMATE CANDIED CARROTS
1 bunch young, tender carrots, with tops
Sea salt/black pepper
4 T. butter
1 orange, zested and halved
1 T. light brown sugar
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350.
- Cut off all but 1” of carrot tops, leaving some green.
- Place carrots in shallow pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat all sides.
- Place in oven and bake 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Melt butter in skillet over low heat.
- Swirl pan and cook until butter begins to become brown and nutty.
- Squeeze juice from orange halve, add zest, brown sugar, cumin and cinnamon and cook for 1-2 minutes or until syrupy.
- Remove carrots from oven, drizzle with the orange brown butter sauce and serve.