SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED DUCK BREASTS
2 boneless (skin on) duck breasts (I bought mine at Joey’s in Lafayette, LA)
Kosher salt, black pepper
1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
2 large Portabella mushroom caps, stem and gills removed, sliced
1 (13-oz.) jar Braswell’s Select Balsamic Sweet Onion Jam
1 (8-oz.) jar Stonewall Kitchen Tomato Herb Bruschetta Spread
¼ c. Lawry’s Teriyaki with Pineapple Juice
¼ c. Tony Chachere Creole Style Pork Marinade (Citrus Blend)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the jam, bruschetta spread, teriyaki sauce and pork marinade.
- Place over low heat and simmer and stir until well mixed. If you find it is too sweet add more of the teriyaki or marinade. *You can play with the mixture to get the taste you like.
- Set the sauce aside. Keep it warm.
- In a large grill pan, drizzle with olive oil to cover the bottom and place over medium heat.
- Saute the onions until caramelized and then add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Season with a little salt and pepper. Mix well. Remove from the grill pan and place on platter and keep warm.
- Add more olive oil to grill pan. Keep over medium heat.
- Season the duck breasts.
- Place the skin side down into the grill pan. Sear until the skin is golden and crispy, about 5-6 minutes.
- Flip the duck breasts and cook another 3-5 minutes. I like mine medium rare.
- Add the onions and mushrooms back into the grill pan around the duck breasts.
- Flip the duck breasts again so the skin side is down.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the breasts and heat through.
- To serve, plate the onions and mushrooms and slice the duck breasts and layer over the onion mixture.
- Drizzle more sauce across the top.
*When I came up with this recipe, I went into my pantry and looked for ingredients that would be sweet and spicy. Do not limit yourself to the items I used in this recipe, use what you have. You can use fig preserves, pepper jelly, any jam or jelly you like. There are many marinades or dressing that you can also use. Just satisfy your palate!