SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
TROPICAL COCONUT-MANGO FROZEN YOGURT
1 c. plain coconut water
½ c. sugar
1 (10-oz.) fresh mango, peeled and diced
1 c. Greek yogurt
1 c. coconut milk
1 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. shredded unsweetened coconut
- In saucepan, combine the coconut water and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced to ¾ c. Let the sugar syrup cool.
- In blender or food processor, puree diced mango with 2 T. of sugar syrup.
- Transfer ¼ c. of puree to bowl and whisk in yogurt, coconut milk, lemon juice and remaining sugar syrup.
- Pour mixture into glass baking dish and freeze until frozen around edges, about 1 hour.
- Whisk mixture to break up clumps and return to freezer. Freeze about 2 hours longer, whisking frequently, until mixture is nearly frozen.
- Spread remaining mango puree on top and using butter knife, swirl into the yogurt. Freeze until nearly solid.
- In small skillet, toast shredded coconut over moderate heat and stir constantly until golden.
- Transfer coconut to plate and let cool.
- To serve: Scoop frozen yogurt into bowls and top with toasted coconut.
- Alternatively, in tall glass, layer the coconut between small scoops of frozen yogurt.