SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
LEMONY SQUASH GALETTE
11 c. thinly sliced zucchini and yellow squash
½ of a (14.1-oz.) pkg. rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust (1 crust)
¾ c. ricotta cheese
½ c. grated parmesan cheese
¼ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 T. minced garlic
Salt, black pepper
1 T. olive oil
1 egg yolk
1 t. water
Fresh dill weed, garnish
- Sprinkle zucchini and squash lightly with salt. Transfer to colander, drain 15 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Get 2 t. zest from lemon and then squeeze 1 T. juice from lemon.
- Preheat oven 400.
- On large piece of parchment paper, roll piecrust into 12” circle.
- Transfer parchment paper and crust to large baking sheet. Set aside.
- In bowl whisk together ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the 1 t. oil, zest and lemon juice.
- Spread ricotta mixture over crust, leaving 1 ½” border.
- Top with zucchini and squash. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Gently fold crust edge over, pleating as necessary.
- In bowl, whisk egg yolk and water. Lightly brush egg wash on crust edges.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with dill weed. Serve warm or at room temperature.