SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
THE REFRESHING WATERMELON GIN BEVERAGE
3 lbs. fresh cut seedless watermelon
1 c. Hendrick’s Gin
1 t. coriander seeds
¼ c. honey
¼ c. fresh lime juice
3 T. fresh orange juice
2 c. cubed watermelon, that is frozen
Club soda or sparkling water
Cucumber slices, jalapeno slices, watermelon wedges for garnish
- In container of blender, place watermelon and process until pureed.
- Pour puree through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Don’t push pulp through the sieve.
- Refrigerate to let drain. Yields about 4 c. watermelon juice.
- Place gin and coriander seeds in large pitcher.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Strain to remove seeds.
- Add the 4 c. watermelon juice, honey, lime juice and orange juice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add ice and frozen watermelon cubes to glasses.
- Add watermelon mixture and top with club soda or sparkling water.
- Garnish and serve.