REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Tasty Savory Corn Pudding
TASTY SAVORY CORN PUDDING
1 T. butter
1 c. finely chopped onion
3 c. fresh corn kernels (6-8 ears)
1 chopped red bell pepper
1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 T. chopped fresh thyme
¼ c. finely ground white or yellow cornmeal
2 T. flour
1 T. sugar
1 t. cornstarch
Kosher salt/black pepper
1 ¼ c. whole milk
1 c. heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven 350.
- In 10” cast-iron skillet, melt butter.
- Add onion and stir frequently, until tender.
- Add corn, bell pepper, jalapeno, and thyme. Cook, stir occasionally. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- In medium bowl, whisk together milk, cream and eggs.
- Stir milk mixture into cornmeal mixture until combined.
- Spread cornmeal mixture into onion mixture in skillet.
- Bake until lightly browned and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.