TASTY CRAWFISH BREAD BITES
1 T. butter
½ c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped green bell pepper
2 T. minced garlic
4-6 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
½ lb. crawfish tails
2 c. shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt/black pepper, to taste
1 (18”) loaf French Bread, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven 350.
- Line rimed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large skillet, melt butter.
- Add onion and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and put in large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, crawfish, cheeses, salt/pepper to onion mixture.
- Stir well.
- Divide mixture between bread halves, spreading into even layer.
- Bake until cheese is hot and melted, 8-10 minutes.
- Slice crosswise into servings. Serve warm.