HEAVENLY SWEET HUSH PUPPIESVegetable oil, for frying1 ¾ c. yellow cornmeal¾ c. flour2 t. baking…
SWORDFISH WITH MARSALA WINE AND CAPERS
4 (6-oz.) swordfish fillets
1 large onion, diced
3 bay leaves
½ c. dry Marsala wine
2 oz. anchovy fillets
Juice of 1 large lemon
2-3 T. capers
½ c. chopped fresh parsley
4 T. olive oil
Salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet and saute seasoned fillets, turning just once. When they are golden brown, remove from heat and keep warm.
- Place the diced onion and bay leaves in the skillet. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the wine and raise heat and reduce liquid by half.
- Add finely chopped anchovies, capers and lemon juice. Mix well and season.
- Bring to a boil and place the fillets on the sauce.
- Cover and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Drain the fish and place on serving bowl.
- Add parsley to the cooking liquid, stir. Taste for seasoning.
- Remove from heat and pour over fish. Serve hot.