DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
CHEESY BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND PASTA CASSEROLE
3 c. uncooked penne pasta
2 (12-oz.) pkg. frozen butternut squash
1 c. milk
1 c. chicken broth
2 c. shredded Italian cheese blend
¼ c. butter, cut into pieces
¼ c. pine nuts, toasted
2 T. chopped fresh sage leaves
Salt, black pepper
Fresh chopped sage, garnish
- Heat oven 350.
- Spray 11×7” (2 quart) glass baking dish with PAM.
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain and return to pot.
- Cook squash in microwave as directed on package.
- In 3 qt. saucepan, mix cooked squash, milk, broth, 1 c. of cheese and butter.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter and cheese are melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in pine nuts, 2 T. sage and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir squash mixture into pasta.
- Spoon into baking dish, sprinkle with remaining 1 c. cheese.
- Place baking dish on cookie sheet.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with additional sage.