HEAVENLY SWEET HUSH PUPPIESVegetable oil, for frying1 ¾ c. yellow cornmeal¾ c. flour2 t. baking…
FIVE LAYERED POTATO AND VEGGIE CASSEROLE
1 recipe of Corn Saute
3 ears fresh corn, cut off cob
1/2 of red, yellow, orange, green bell pepper -diced
1/2 red onion -thin slices
1/2 carton baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
Red and yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 lb. shrimp or crawfish
8- oz. fresh salsa or pico de gallo
Diced green onions
1- Heat olive oil in large skillet- sauté onions and peppers first
2-Next add shrimp and sauté
3-Add rest of ingredients and cook another 5-8 minutes
4-Season to taste
* You can just do veggies and no seafood.
With leftovers u can add black beans and/ or yellow rice and stuff creole tomatoes or bell peppers or even with bow tie pasta. You can also add to smothered okra.
2 Idaho baking potatoes, thickly sliced
3-4 large Portabella mushroom caps, cleaned and sliced thick
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 (8-oz.) container pico de gallo
1 (12-oz.) bottle Marzetti Simply Dressed Lemon Vinaigrette
1 (8.5-oz.) Williams Sonoma Dipping Oil (Sun-Dried Tomato Flavor)
Salt, black pepper
Freshly grated parmesan cheese, garnish, optional
- Prepare the Crawfish Corn Saute.
- Place this in the bottom of your baking dish that is sprayed with PAM. You want a nice layer (not too thick or thin.)
- Layer the sliced seasoned potatoes on top of corn saute. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Then layer the sliced seasoned mushrooms. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Then layer the sliced onions. Drizzle more vinaigrette.
- Then sprinkle the pico all over the top.
- Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and some of the dipping oil.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350 oven for 30-45 minutes, depending on size of your casserole.
- You can sprinkle with the freshly grated parmesan if desired.