Asian Asparagus Tips With Lemon Chive Aioli Save Print Asian Asparagus Tips With Lemon…
1 c. chopped onion
½ c. chopped celery
½ c. chopped carrot
1 T. minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. chili powder
1 T. minced garlic
4 c. chicken broth
1 (15-oz.) can white hominy, rinsed and drained
1 (15-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, seasoned
1 T. fresh lime juice
Salt, black pepper to taste
½ c. lightly crushed baked tortilla chips
1 c. diced avocado
Cilantro leaves, garnish
- Heat Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cover bottom with olive oil. Swirl pan to coat bottom.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, chipotle chile, cumin, chili powder and garlic.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until carrot is crispy tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, homily and tomatoes. Bring to boil.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp and cook until done, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in juice and season with salt and pepper.
- When serving, serve the shrimp mixture into bowls and top with chips, avocado and cilantro.