HEAVENLY SWEET HUSH PUPPIESVegetable oil, for frying1 ¾ c. yellow cornmeal¾ c. flour2 t. baking…
STIR-FRY FRESH STRING BEANS AND ASPARAGUS TIPS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE FINISH
8-10 oz. fresh pencil thin string beans, cleaned
1 lb. fresh asparagus (only use the tips, cut about 6” long; save rest of asparagus to put in stock or to make cream of asparagus soup.)
Sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder
Juice of 1 lemon
1 pt. red cherry tomatoes, halved
Good quality balsamic reduction glaze
Grated cheese of choice, if desired
- In large non-stick skillet, spray with PAM and put over medium heat.
- Drizzle a little olive oil to cover bottom of skillet.
- Saute the beans and asparagus until crisp-tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the veggies. Mix well.
- Place the tomatoes around the pan of veggies.
- Heat until tomatoes are heated through.
- Take the balsamic glaze and drizzle over the top.
*You can usually find the balsamic reduction glaze in specialty stores or buy on line. You can get flavored ones as well, like ginger, thyme, etc. I keep all kinds in my kitchen. I love the zesty flavor it adds to veggies, fish and meats.
You can sprinkle some grated cheese on top if desired.