INSTANT POT LAMB SHANKSMARINADE:2 T. olive oil2 T. tomato paste1 t. paprika1 t. Italian seasoning1…
St. Paddy’s Crock Pot Beef with Cabbage, Potatoes and Carrots
ST. PADDY CROCK POT BEEF WITH CABBAGE, POTATOES AND CARROTS
2 t. salt, divided
2 t. black pepper, divided
2 T. brown sugar
2 t. ground mustard
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger
½ t. ground cloves
2 lb. beef brisket, trimmed
1 c. beef stock
3 T. cider vinegar
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 medium onions, cut into wedges
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 bay leaves
1 head cabbage, halved
2 lbs. small red potatoes, quartered
1 lb. baby carrots
1 T. butter, melted
- Combine 1 t. salt, 1 t. pepper, brown sugar, ground mustard, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a small bowl.
- Rub this mixture all over the brisket.
- Place brisket into crock pot.
- Add stock, vinegar, Worcestershire, onions, garlic and bay leaves.
- Arrange cabbage halves over top.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours or until very tender.
- Transfer beef to cutting board and discard bay leaves.
- Place potatoes and carrots in large saucepan, add cold water to cover by at least 1 inch.
- Bring to boil and cook until tender.
- Drain and season with 1 t. salt, 1 t. black pepper and melted butter.
- Cut brisket across grain into thin slices.
- Cut each cabbage half into 4 wedges.
- Serve brisket with onions, cabbage, potatoes, carrots and jus.
- Season if necessary with more salt and pepper.