PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
SPICY ROASTED YAMS
2 lbs. yams
¼ c. olive oil
¼ c. light brown sugar
1 T. Creole seasoning
1 t. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven 400.
- Wash and peel yams. Dice into 1” cubes.
- Place yams on sheet pan sprayed with PAM. Do not overcrowd or overlap.
- Mix the oil, sugar and seasonings.
- Drizzle yams with oil mixture, then use your hands to toss diced yams until evenly coated and spread out again on pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and toss yams with spatula.
- Spread them out again and bake another 5-10 minutes. Check after 5 minutes to make sure they do not burn.