EDIBLE CHRISTMAS TREE CENTERPIECE4-6 lettuce leaves8 c. mixed broccoli, broccoflower(lighter green broccoli) and cauliflower heads,…
|Spinach-Phyllo Triangles or Spainkopitas|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Spinach-Phyllo Triangles or Spainkopitas
- 1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed in refrigerator
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ c. grated parmesan cheese
- 3 T. breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 T. olive oil
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 1 t. red pepper
- 1 t. salt
- Tabasco to taste
- 1 c. melted butter or 1 egg beaten with 1 t. water
- Fresh spinach leaves, garnish
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil and sauté the chopped onions.
- Add spinach, parmesan and feta cheese, 1 beaten egg, seasoning and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Cut sheets of phyllo lengthwise into 3” strips. Working with one strip at a time, brush each strip lightly with melted butter (or you can use the beaten egg with water). Keep remaining strips covered.
- Place 2 t. of spinach mixture at base of phyllo strip. Fold the right bottom corner over to form a triangle. Continue folding back and forth into a triangle to end of strip. Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo strips, melted butter and spinach mixture.
- Place triangles seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops lightly with remaining butter.
- Bake 325 for 30-35 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve on bed of fresh spinach leaves.
*****You can freeze these before baking or after. Allow to defrost in refrigerator and reheat in oven.