SIMPLE SAUSAGE DIP1 lb. Jimmy Dean pork sausage, or good quality sausage8 oz. cream cheese,…
|Caprese Skewers|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2-3 pints of sweet grape/cherry tomatoes (red or you can mix colors), washed
- 1 lb. round of smoked fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 large bunch of fresh basil, leaves pulled off
- Sea salt, fresh ground black pepper
- 1-3 bottles Wishbone Balsamic Vinegar or your favorite type
- In a bowl, place the cherry tomatoes and cut the cheese in slices but the same size as your tomatoes.
- Season and drizzle some of the balsamic vinegar and let marinade overnight if you like. It is not necessary to marinade. I find it has a better flavor if you marinade it.
- When ready to serve, take toothpicks and start by sliding a basil leaf onto it. Then, place a piece of cheese then the tomato. It will look like the Italian flag.
- On a serving platter, I like to lay out red tip lettuce leaves and make sure the outer leaves are on the outside of the platter.
- Start laying the toothpick skewers in a circular pattern. You can also place these in any way you like. This makes a great presentation.
- Drizzle additional dressing once the platter is done. Serve.
*****This recipe comes from my friend, Margret Edwards. She is very creative when it comes to presenting food. I love her style. This is a great dish to serve around Christmas because of the colors and it looks like a Christmas wreath. Play with it and make your own designs. You can add olives, capers, mushrooms, etc. Great appetizer!
This Post Has 0 Comments