WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Spicy Tomato and Jalapeno Jam
SPICY TOMATO AND JALAPENO JAM
1 T. butter
2 c. chopped Vidalia onions
½ c. chopped fresh jalapeno, seeded (leave seeds in if you want spicier)
3 lbs. tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks
½ c. sugar
½ c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
3 T. white vinegar
Kosher salt and black pepper
- In Dutch oven, melt butter.
- Add onion and jalapeno, cook until tender and lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, sugars, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, gently boil, stirring and mashing tomatoes occasionally, until thickened. This takes about2-3 hours.
- Stir in more salt and pepper to taste.
- Let cool. Spoon into storage containers. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
*Serve with your favorite crackers or on fish or chicken.