REFRESHING FROZEN LEMONADE1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice1/3 c. sugar1 c. water½ c. ice cubes4…
Dan Dan Noodles with Chicken
DAN DAN NOODLES WITH CHICKEN
½ lb. fresh, thin Chinese-style egg noodles (chow mein) or dried
1 t. fresh ginger, minced
1 T. minced garlic
2 T. cornstarch
¼ c. soy sauce
¾ lb. ground chicken
2/3 c. chicken broth
2 T. creamy peanut butter
1 T. rice vinegar
1-2 T. Asian chili garlic sauce, for your taste
1 T. hot chili oil
1 T. toasted sesame oil
¼ c. sliced green onions, more for garnish
1 ½ red bell peppers, seeded and cut into slivers
½ lb. snow peas, trimmed
½ c. chopped roasted salted peanuts
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add noodles, stir to separate and cook until tender or according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a bowl, mix ginger, garlic, cornstarch, soy sauce and chicken.
- In another bowl, whisk together broth, peanut butter, vinegar, chili garlic sauce, chili oil and sesame oil.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat and cover bottom with canola oil and swirl.
- Add green onions and chicken mixture, stirring to break up the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add bell peppers and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth mixture, stir until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Add snow peas and noodles to pan.
- With tongs, toss just until snow peas are brighter green and noodles are well combined and heated through.
- Add ¼ c. peanuts and toss.
- Top with more green onions and remaining peanuts, serve with more chili garlic sauce and chili oil.