FROZEN CHOCOLATE PEANUT COVERED BANANAS ON A STICK1 c. semisweet chocolate morsels4 medium firm bananas,…
BRUSSELS SPROUTS, CAULIFLOWER AND CHICKPEAS WITH JERK-SPICES
1 whole dried habanero chile, stemmed and crushed
1 T. whole allspice berries
1 T. coriander seeds
1 T. black peppercorns
½ t. whole cloves
1 T. dried thyme
½ t. ground ginger
¼ t. freshly grated nutmeg
½ c. extra virgin olive oil
1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and patted dry
1 lb. small Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
4 c. cauliflower florets
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven 425. In skillet, combine the first 5 ingredients and toast over low heat, shaking pan, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Let cool. Transfer to spice grinder.
- Add the next 3 ingredients and grind to a powder.
- Heat roasting pan over high heat. Add oil and chickpeas and cook until browned and slightly crispy.
- Add sprouts and cauliflower. Season and cook, stirring until lightly browned.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast for 12-15 minutes, until tender.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 t. of spice mix and taste for seasoning.
*Keep the remaining spice mix in sealed container for other veggies, seafood, chicken, etc.