1 ½ c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 ¼ t. salt
¾ t. chili powder
½ t. onion powder
¼ t. crushed red pepper flakes
2 large eggs
1 (15-oz.) can solid-pack pumpkin
½ c. 2% milk
2 T. butter, melted
Oil for deep-fat frying
Chipotle mayo, optional
1. In large bowl, whisk first six ingredients.
2. In another bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, milk and melted butter until blended.
3. Add dry ingredients, stirring until moistened.
4. In electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375.
5. Drop the batter by tablespoonful, a few at a time.
6. Fry 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
7. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
8. Can dip in mayo or your favorite dipping sauce.