1 (10-oz.) bag miniature marshmallows
4 T. butter
1 t. ancho chile powder
½ t. ground cumin
½ t. ground coriander
½ t. salt
Orange and yellow food coloring
6 c. Rick Krispies
¼ t. cayenne
1. Spray two mini muffin pans with PAM.
2. In large saucepan, combine half of the marshmallows with 2 T of the butter.
3. Add the chile powder, cumin, coriander and ¼ t. of the salt and cook over moderate heat until marshmallows have melted.
4. Stir in enough orange food coloring to dye the marshmallow orange.
5. Stir in 3 cup of the cereal. Spoon mixture into muffin cups and pack it down with lightly oiled hands.
6. Wash and dry saucepan. Add remaining marshmallows, 2 T. butter and ¼ t. salt. Cook until melted and smooth. Pour half of this mixture into a heatproof bowl and stir in 1 ½ c. of rice cereal to make the white layer.
7. Add the cayenne and yellow food coloring to the marshmallow left in saucepan and stir in remaining cereal.
8. With lightly oiled hands, mound the yellow mixture on top of the orange layer, packing it down to firmly attach to it.
9. Top with white layer, tapering the mixture to a point so the crispies resemble the candy corn.
10. Serve or store in airtight container.