1 lb. dried black beans, rinsed and picked over
2 bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1 ½ lbs.)
2 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into big chunks
1 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
2 T. minced garlic
1 T. chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo plus 1 T. adobo sauce
2 t. ground cumin
Salt, black pepper
1. Combine 6 c. water, beans, pork chops, bacon, onion, garlic, chilies, adobo, cumin, salt and pepper. Place in SLOW COOKER.
2. Cook on LOW until beans are tender and pork chops are falling apart, about 4-6 hours.
3. Remove and discard bacon.
4. Cut pork away from bones.
5. Discard bones and shred meat.
6. Add meat back to slow cooker with beans.
7. Season if needed.
*****Can be served with rice, dollop of sour cream, chopped avocados, cilantro, etc.